Monday, February 18, 2019

What I Did This Weekend Instead of Writing

Part of the fun of having a large family is running out of space as the kids get older.  Because getting rid of a kid is apparently off the table according to my wife, I am left with two options:

1. Buy a bigger house

2. Add living space to what you already have.

Since option 1 is not viable due to student loans and what not, we decided to enclose the garage. Also since we are poor we are forced to do the work ourselves which means it's taking even longer than if we'd hired it done. We've been at this since March, 2018. Needless to say everyone is getting antsy to have it done.

My brother was in town last week and this type of stuff is right up his alley, so he gave me a jump start. (Thanks Bro), and this weekend I got quite a lot done.


The unfinished room is the laundry room we're also adding.  Yes, I know there's no drywall in there, but there's still plumbing and electrical to do in there.

As an extra I learned that this light is great for seeing to dig out splinters and metal shavings from poorly manufactured drywall screws. You're welcome.


Now it's Monday and the ibuprofen has kicked in and I am at my desk at work.  Have a good week, I'll try to get this damnable story finished this week around the mud work that comes next...Lord willing.

-Tole

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Don't envy you that... I'm too old to try to build out anything anymore... sigh

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...