Wednesday, August 12, 2020

One Problem Down, 999 to Go

      I think I may have finally gained some ground in the ongoing battle with my 89 Mustang . I have been chasing an issue with the engine just falling on its face at around 2k RPM under hard acceleration. At first I thought it was vacuum related. That's why I pulled the dash. I'm not mad I was wrong because of all of the other crap I found hiding there. Specifically the fire looking for a place to happen in the blower fan wiring.

     A lot of online research later, I decided the next thing to tackle was the TFI module. I can't say I'm 100% sure exactly what these things do other than fail and cause problems. I can say that the decision to put something that is sensitive to heat on top on the damned engine was a bad idea. Only took Ford 10 years to realize it. This is the part in question.


        I ordered a relocation kit from McCully Racing and moved it to a cooler location. Of course the 31 year old plastic on the plug disintegrated in my hand, but my local parts store had a replacement in stock. (I damned near had a heart attack when they said they did.)

     Any way. The wiring was relatively easy and now it lives on the inner fender on the passenger side and my car accelerates like the monster it is once again....ok, maybe not monster, but it will get me into traffic in a hurry.




     As for writing, I'm trying. Between work, getting my wife and kids ready to go back to school, and trying to keep everyone's cars on the road, I'm finding I need another 5 or 6 hours in my day. 

     Writing is like a fart. If you try to force it, you're more than likely  just going to get shit.

      Everyone be safe out there.

-Wayne

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yay for a fix! Or at least ONE fix... :-) And true on the writing!

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...