Saturday, October 7, 2023

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good.

Decided I needed to road test it to make sure it would hold under a load. Also gave me the chance to burn the rust off of the brake rotors. Still it runs.

Took it to get an inspection so I can renew the registration that has been out since February. Local PD is standing in the parking lot of the station shooting the shit with one of the mechanics. Never looks at me twice. I have no doubt that if I were a "known person" that the situation would have gone down very differently. (Sometimes I love living in a small town.)

Passed the "inspection", such as it is, with no trouble.

Drove it home and started cleaning a couple of years of young adults driving it out of the interior coupled with almost a year's worth of dust from sitting. For being 20 years old, it's not a bad looking ride.

Now I have to decide if I drive it for a while or just sell it. I've got a few days while I'm waiting for the registration sticker to come in the mail.

Well, at least I got another project off of my to do list. Time to start the next one.

Until next time, y'all be good, and if you can't be good, be sneaky.

Wayne

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, yep, small towns for the win! And teens CAN trash a vehicle in a heartbeat!

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...