Thursday, February 7, 2008

Please GOD Make it Stop!!!

About a week and a half ago, my kids all got this stomach bug that has been going around along with a nice case of pink-eye. By some sheer act of mercy, my oldest and I missed out on it.

I screwed up and mentioned that fact. Never, and can't stress this enough, NEVER tempt fate. She's a deceitful old bitch.

The baby got it again. Followed a day later by my wife being laid low. I told my boss I was taking the day off to fill in for her and then last night...my oldest son comes down the hall doing a damned fine rendition of Linda Blair from the Exorcist. My God it was everywhere. I spent the better part of an hour cleaning it all up, and the rest of the night doing laundry just to try and get the smell of sick out of my house...I failed.

My oldest child, my daughter, gets up this morning and starts playing Old Faithful.

Sonofa...

As I write this I am the only breathing body in my house not down with this flu. (knocks on wood) Oh did I mention, the doctors tell us that the flu that is going around wasn't covered by the flu shots this year? Yeah...God hates me.

The wait to see a pediatrician is over 4 hours. People are getting really angry at their doctors when they spend a day waiting to see them only to be told, "It's a virus. Nothing we can do. Here's some stuff to help with the vomiting. Go home, drink fluids and pay the cashier on your way out. Oh, by the way, you could have just called and saved yourself half a day. Get well soon."

My wife, God love her calls. We avoid the toxic wastelands that are doctor's waiting rooms whenever we can.

The ERs here are cranking trough like 400 people a day because the clinics are all full to overflowing.

I really want to just dig myself a really deep hole. Crawl in it and pull the dirt in after me. Just gonna lie low until spring.

Tole

1 comment:

Diane said...

You do realize that 24 hours after everyone else returns to normal, you will get sick, and no one will have any sympathy for you.

As for getting the sick smell out - bundle everyone up, then open doors and windows on all four sides of the house for about ten minutes, let the fresh air blow through. Helps sometimes.

Good luck...

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...