Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A New Take on a Great Song

Normally I prefer the traditional arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner. I'm kind of an old fart that way. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the artistry that Hendrix brought to the party. Usually it's the pop star who can't remember the lyrics or who get so wrapped up in the vocal gymnastics of how long they can carry a melisma (look it up, but it is rampant on American Idol for instance) or sometimes they even sing the wrong song entirely. For the love of all that is holy America the Beautiful is NOT the national anthem!


That being said, I was sent a link to a video by a group called Madison Rising of their performance of The Star Spangled Banner, and I have to say that I am impressed. They recorded this in response to two statements that I have to admit kind of piss me off too.

"The Star Spangled Banner is stupid and embarrassing."
- Bill Press, Current TV

"No one has the Star Spangled Banner on their iPod."
- Comedian Daniel Tosh



So here it is. Enjoy...I did.


No comments:

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...