Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Have a Very Twisted Christmas

Last weekend the wife made me go to Wally World with her and as penance to her I bought a new CD. I promised myself when I started this blogging experiment that I would not let it devolve into music and movie reviews...and I won't...after this one...I promise. This just has to be shared with the world.

In my youth I was a bit of a metal head...I was a bit of a metal head like Hiroshima was a bit of a bang. Anyway, my indoctrination to this particular style of music came at the not so gentle hands of Twisted Sister. Imagine my shock and surprise to find that not only did they have a new album on the shelves, but that it was a collection of Christmas classics. Never being one to ignore morbid curiosity, I bought the thing.

After two times through, I ripped it into mp3s and added it to my Christmas directory and put it on rotation with the likes of Bing, Frank, Andy and all their milk-toast musical ilk. Say what you will about the musicians your parents/grandparents listen to, but they lay down some mean Christmas music. God help them, now they share hard-drive space with Dee Snider.

Now, I'm not gonna say, "I recommend this to any fan of the genre" or "I give it 4 out of 5 stars" or any other pompous "I know more than you" cliche crap. Just that I enjoyed it and my children bounced around my house the whole time it was on.

Tole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like that, check out Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They're what Beethoven would have done if he'd had access to an electric guitar.

They also do one heck of a show and they're out on tour right now.

Wayne said...

I've been a fan of Savatage since way back in the Hall of the Mountain King. I think it is awesome the work that TSO does. If you'd like to see the talent from which this idea grew I suggest Change from the Handful of Rain album. 5 part vocal counterpoint freaking rocks.

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...