Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Eats

When my wife and I were still newly married, that would be less than 5 years in, we used to share a steak and shrimp that we would cook on the hibachi every Friday. We didn't have loads of cash (still don't) so it was one sirloin and about 10 shrimp. It was quite arguably some of the best times we have had, pre-children.

We would marinate said hunk of bovis mortis in beer (I used Bud) overnight and grill it the next day with a little salt and pepper. The shrimp went on skewers with some lemon-pepper and sometimes bbq sauce. 'Scuse me while I wipe up the drool accumulating on my keyboard...

Better.

Well, after a few years we began to experiment with our food. We both love shrimp and we both love pasta, so the following recipe was destined to show up at some point. It took the place of our Friday night steaks for awhile. I hope you all enjoy it.

Tole's Shrimp Parmesan

4-6 shrimp per serving - they need to be big enough to handle, I like to use the 10-12 per pound size

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (don't use the stuff in the green can, get fresh and grate it yourself. You'll be glad you did.)

1 strip prosciutto ham for every two shrimp.
Slice these length-wise to make 1" wide and about 4" long strips

eggs for egg wash

Pasta of your choice.

Marinara sauce. (We usually make ours, but your favorite jarred sauce will work. I recommend Classico Sweet Basil.)

Peel and de-vein the shrimp. Wrap each shrimp in a strip of prosciutto and dip in egg wash. Dredge them in the Parmesan cheese and fry until golden brown. Serve on top of pasta and marinara. If you like a little kick to your food, add Louisiana Hot Sauce to your egg wash.

Tole

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

Oh My My My. . . that sounds good. Thanks. May have to add that to the Home on the Range post shooting supper roll.

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...