Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I know it's been a long time since I showed my ugly face to the world, but I thought that I'd take a few minutes to wish anyone who hasn't given me up for dead a Happy New Year.

For any who didn't know I, I have been extremely sick for the last 3 months with acute pancreatitis and it's many after-effects. I'm slowly getting better and hopefully will be back up to factory specs in a couple more months. I will write about it as soon as I sort out all my feelings about shaking hands with the old Reaper. Dealing with my own mortality has not been fun.

In the meantime, love like you mean it and live like there's no tomorrow...there may not be.

Tole

5 comments:

Captain Tightpants said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend and hope things continue to improve sir - take care of yourself, the blogosphere can wait on your health!

JPG said...

I'm happy to see you back on line, T. And doubly glad that your health is improving apace.

Yes, confronting one's own mortality is, uhm, uncomfortable. Tends to give one pause. .

I've concluded that every day, every meal, every visit with friends since 18SEP1999 has been a bonus. My heart attack and a couple of major surgeries provided my occasions to assess my little corner of the universe. I can't go as fast or as far as formerly, but I can still appreciate the world. May you continue to find joy in life. Happy new year to you, too.

JPG

MiniKat said...

Good to hear you're feeling better. We've been worried since LawDog's post about your illness.

phlegmfatale said...

Life's a precious, fragile thing and not to be taken for granted. Nice to see you're on the upswing.

Mulligan said...

gi probs are no picnic

welcome back

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...