Friday, January 4, 2008

The Rumors of My Death

have been greatly exaggerated.

I am in point of fact still sucking air, but I am also extremely guilty of neglecting my blog. Long story short, my department at work has been woefully understaffed, and I have been too tired when I get home to put together more than 2 coherent thoughts at a time. Unfortunately, I've needed those to do things like remember to put on pants before I venture outdoors or turn on the water when I am in the shower. Small things such as that.

With year end behind me finally, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and this time I feel reasonably sure that it is not an on-coming train.

If there are any of my readers left, I have set myself a goal of posting at least 3 times a week. (This one doesn't count.)

Oh...about the tree in the toilet. We had to bust out floor, cut out about 3 feet of cast-iron pipe (the plumber went through 32 saws-all blades to get it) and now we are preparing to gut that bathroom completely and start over. Doesn't that sound like fun?

In truth, I am very excited about it because I enjoy that kind of stuff. Especially the demolition...maybe I missed my true calling. If you'd like to see a photo-journal of the whole process just say so and I'll make it a regular feature on the old blog.

Sorry I was away so long. It won't happen again.

Tole

3 comments:

Larry said...

I had a bathroom floor that was so bad I had to remove it, including the floor joists, and rebuild it from the floor up. It was quite a sight to open the bathroom door and see no floor.

Anonymous said...

Yes, please, photos!

Anonymous said...

Agreed, we like photos!

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...