Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 On my way out of town this morning a local sheriff with his lights flashing blew past me like I was sitting still. It was the unmarked drug interdiction unit so I figured it was an early morning drug bust somewhere in the country around my small town. I really didn't think anything else about it.

As I was driving the sun started to come up and when I topped a hill I stopped and took a picture. Thought I'd share what my drive to work everyday looks like, so here you go.


Just wide open north Texas countryside.  

Well, at the bottom of this hill is a little valley that is sometimes shrouded in fog. It wasn't today, but when it is, it's really a sight to see.  I'll try to get a photo of that sometime this fall.

Remember that sheriff I started my story with? Well, I found him on the other side of the valley along with two regular deputy units, a highway patrol unit, and an ambulance. In the ditch was what looked to have been a Saturn sedan with most of its front clip sitting on the ground beside the main body of the car. I didn't see one, but I'd bet most of today's wages there was a dead hog somewhere nearby too.

That's the other side of my drive everyday...wildlife. I regularly see possum, armadillos, hogs, deer, and coyotes, any of which are capable or doing substantial damage to today's mostly fiberglass facia on most vehicles.

I hope that whoever was in that car is ok, and I am thankful that today was my day to see a sunrise and not the broadside of a wild hog.

Y'all have a good day. Try to be good, and if you can't be good, be sneaky.



1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, you can see for miles (or feet in the fog)... And glad you missed the hog!

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...