After reading Lawdog's last post on the Taser C2, I think that the folks manufacturing that particular device could stand with a lesson or two in that area.
My Dad has restated and reinforced that philosophy in me for as long as I can remember. I think it is with that in mind, that he forwarded this to me and that I share it with you.
To all you old law dogs now just lyin' in the shade, current pistoleros
and other fervent Second Amendment believers: I would rather be your friend,
but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and
This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible
victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill
is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is
supplemental. As some wise man once said:
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.
4. America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall.
5. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away. (but shoot first anyway, then call 911)
6. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a .46.'
7. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
8. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
10. I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did. She said 'well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'of course it is loaded.' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of my house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'