Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Her Moment of Clarity

I never realized just how well my wife knows me.  I thought I was clever, and I thought she had no idea. It was quite the shock this morning when we had this conversation. What prompted her to start isn't important. How she finished it was what caught me off guard.  I'm still not sure if she was kidding or not.

Her (smiling):  You are evil.

Me (also smiling): Through and through. I just hide it beneath a clever facade of kindness and compassion.

Her (suddenly serious): Until you write and then it all comes out.

Is it bad that in that moment I could see her on the news saying something like, "Oh, I'm not at all surprised. I always knew he had it in him.  I just never expected him to use (insert odd weapon here)."

I swear I'm not a psychopath. I just write about one.

Promise.

In other news, everything I am trying to write is fighting me tooth and toenail.  My muse, who has some very good ideas, is making me earn every word.  There is more coming. I swear.

-Tole

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Um... No comment??? :-)

Wayne said...

Oh, I bet you have one. You're just saving it for the interviews. :-P

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...