Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Writer's Group

Lawdog and OldNFO drug me to a local writer's group meeting in November of last year, and even though I was reluctant to go, I really enjoyed the discourse. Everyone there writes something different, and I found it interesting how everyone has a personalized approach to how they write.

It's an eclectic group to say the least. There are a couple of authors whose material would fall into the young adult category, but they all go at different genres in that category. There's a poet or two and a couple of Christian authors as well. Like I said before...it's a diverse group.

One of the aspects of the group is that we all take turns bringing something for the others to read over and critique. Last night was my turn.

It took me quite a while to decide what to take that would just send a few of our members into fits, and I finally settled on the long version of the Pirates story.

As I laid it on the table I made a point of mentioning...more than once...that it was violent and contained strong language. To my surprise they all took a copy with the exception of Lawdog and NFO since they're both alpha readers for me anyway.  They've seen it...more than once.

Next month's meeting should be interesting and my dark little heart just can't wait. 

-Tole

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, I'm gonna bring popcorn, cause I think you're going to be the one surprised...

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...