Monday, September 13, 2021

I'm Busted

So I finally got my first one star review. It was on Here There Be Pirates, and it is glorious. I have to admit that at first I was mildly ticked off, but the more I thought about it the funnier it got. I clicked on the name of the reader and found that the one star review is his bread-and-butter. That's pretty much all he does. Please allow me to share it here in its entirety:

I read this. Then I thought about it for a while and realized that on Lawdog's recommendation, I'd spent $2 on what is apparently a comic book proposal written by a 10 year old kid. If there's a joke here, I missed it.

Eloquent ain't he? I stand by my original statement on this blog from way back when I started this whole thing with Tole's story from The Bar at the End of Everything. If you're looking for the next great literary classic, or hell even moderately decent writing, you're in the wrong place. I tell stories. I do not aspire to do anything else.

Now I would just like to say that if any comic book publishers are reading this, I AM more than willing to license out the character for a modest fee plus royalties.

Y'all be good, and if you can't be good, be sneaky.

-Wayne


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL, that'll sell a few copies! :-)

Wayne said...

I mean, I'd be totally ok without the $.70 if he wants to ask Amazon for a refund. LOL

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...