Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This is NOT Why I Had Kids

I remember the day I saw my first child on a sonogram. I remember the joy in seeing that the baby was a little girl, the first in 2 generations on my father's side of the family. I remember holding that little bundle in the delivery room. The same can be said for both of my son's. The light they have shined on me cannot have a value placed on it nor could it ever be replaced.

That being said, I can't wait for the little buggers to get past childhood illnesses!

It seems, no not seems, it comes to pass that everytime any of them have a sniffle or the trots, it finds its way into my system as well. I hate being sick. It makes me feel like a weak old fart. That being said, I am sitting here debating whether I should drag my less than healthy butt into the office or spend another day on the couch. Yuck. I find that neither option really sounds like any fun.

On the one hand, I could go to work and sequester myself in my office and sit at my desk and stare at the walls until it's time to come home not really doing anything.

On the other, I could stay home and drive my wife crazy, risk the threat of physical violence and wait for the inevitable, "Why didn't you go to work" from her.

*sigh

It's a no win scenario...my own personal Kobiashi Maru. (for my Trekkie friends) Oh well, life is full of hard choices.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not because you have children that you're suffering like this, it's because you allow them to leave the house and get exposed to other children and all of their infections.

A couple of other considerations on the stay / go choice:

At home you have your internet access without any proxy filters of others choosing.

At work you get to 'share the weatlth' with your co-workers, some of whom are bound to improve things through their absence.

Since it sounds like it's something that's dragging on I'm guessing it's viral in nature.

Strings said...

I'd vote "stay home":irritating a spouse is always worthwhile...

HollyB said...

I ALWAYS voted for staying home. Unless you just really hate some of your co-workers and want to exact revenge on them. In that case, go in for a 1/2 day, spread contagion, and then go back home. Your work is done.

He's a Good Boy

 So yesterday I gained knowledge I never wanted. I now know the signs of a stroke in a dog. Over the weekend my oldest pup, Koda, who I inhe...