Thursday, April 12, 2007

Big Trouble

Lawdog came by the other night and it didn't take long for us to decide it was movie time. I would like to point to item #3 in this post here that speaks to the quality of movie I enjoy. That being said I continue...

A couple of weeks ago I scored a major win at the $5.50 bin at Wally World. Big Trouble in Little China is up there on my list of all time favorites. Hell, all of the Kurt Russel/John Carpenter movies are great...The Thing, Escape from New York (and or LA), so on and so forth. Luckily Lawdog shares a similar affection for these films so we pulled out BTiLC and popped it in.

Here's where things got sideways.

We've both seen this flick 147,748 times so we thought, "Let's check out the Special Features first." Lo and behold the only choices were Language and Commentary On/Off. Having never watched a movie with the commentary on we decided to give it a shot, and we were well rewarded.

What we got for our intrepidity was a running dialogue between John Carpenter and Kurt Russel as they drank and reminisced about the film and their lives in general. At one point the discussion got so far off track that they even commented, "Oh, hey I guess we should talk about the movie since that is why you all turned this feature on."

I think that the "Escape" films are next in queue. Should be interesting.

Tole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched BTILC in a long time, thanks for the reminder that I need to soak up the wisdom of Jack Burton once again.

Make It Aluminum They Said - The Finale

Started it up this morning around 10 AM and let it come up to operating temperature. So far, so good. Decided I needed to road test it to ma...